Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Meditation

I had the opportunity to attend a 1 hour meditation session at the guest house tonight. This has been the longest time period of continuous meditation I have done to date. I can't say that I was completely successful for the entire hour but then again it depends on the definition of "success". Certainly I was able to stay seated and silent for the whole hour, and I definitely felt peaceful at the hours conclusion. I had a few moments of "head bouncing" almost dropping off to sleep but the chatter was less than usual.
The other participants in the room were an interesting mix of local townspeople of all ages. Most were new to meditation and open to new experiences. At the end of the session a few described their sensations during the practice. Some commented on feeling a tingling sensation in their fingers during a brief period of new age piano music played in the middle of the session. One man commented on his surprise at hearing his heart beat every time he breathed in but not out. I was surprised to actually feel the music in my outer skin of my face and neck.
No big magic or mystery yet but a nice sense of peace and hope to continue exploring.

No comments:

Post a Comment